Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Blueberries & Strawberries & Cherries...Oh My!

Eating clean has become almost an obsession for me now.  Strange as it may seem, since this is only Day 5 of truly eating clean, but it really does become part of you.  I refuse to put something into my body that contains sugar, bad fats, and really anything that comes out of a box that has to have advertising all over the package to draw you in and make you want to eat it.  My mindset has become that if I eat the "bad" things, I am letting myself down and destroying the progress that I have already made. (However, I am looking forward to special occasions, ie: Birthdays for those yummy cake pieces!)

I find myself at the grocery store much more often, as I am eating fresh foods, which is also an eye-opener into what I was previously eating, foods that had long shelf lives.  Makes me wonder how long it stays in my body if it can stay in my pantry for months, maybe even years! 

My quick trip to the grocery store consisted of Blueberries, Strawberries, Cherries, and ground lean Turkey and let me tell you, I can't wait for dinner tonight!!  I am making Turkey Tacos with Whole Grain Tortillas, Homemade salsa, and Black Beans with a delicious fruit salad on the side.  I have given up my obsession with sour cream and cheese and feel so much better about that!

Thanks for reading and feel free to let me know how you are doing on your journey!  Happy "Clean-Eating"!

Tip of the Day:  Walk your grocery cart back to where it belongs after you are done loading your car.  This is just a few more steps you will take in your day that will get you a few steps closer to your goal body, plus save someone a ding or dent in their car from the cart you have left behind.  If you do this already, thank you!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment