Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Here Goes Everything!

I was presented with a book a few years ago, from a personal trainer, that only until recently have I really taken it seriously. This book is called "The Eat-Clean Diet" by Tosca Reno, even though it is not really a diet at all, just a lifestyle change. The basis is simple...eat clean! Foods that have not been altered and processed by man, foods that have been around for ages upon ages. Really, it sounds so obvious I find myself tapping myself on the forehead and saying "Duh"!

I feel as though I have been searching for the answer to a healthier lifestyle and it has been in front of me the whole time. Surely through my own stubbornness and laziness, I have let myself down, but no longer...today is the first day of my new healthy life.

All experts and trainers say that keeping a food journal and tracking your progress is key to success in losing weight and most importantly, maintaining what you have accomplished. Through this site, I will continue to strive to better myself, because I am worth it and I truly am the only person holding myself back. If am able to help someone else along the way, then that makes my journey that much more rewarding and motivating!

My Pledge to myself:

I WILL work out atleast 5 days a week
I WILL strength train atleast 3 days a week
I WILL respect myself and believe in myself
I WILL change my life
I WILL Eat-Clean!

2 comments:

  1. This is great that your doing this. I have struggled with my weight the last 3 years. I had two kids 11 months apart and it did a number on my body. I joined Weight Watchers last summer and have lost A lot of weight and I am still losing. I love the fact that you mentioned keeping a journal. This has really helped me. I think your spot on when you talk about eating clean and I have adopted this way of thinking too! Good luck girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Taylor! I appreciate the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete