Friday, May 20, 2011

Good not Great

I realize that this will come with time and it will get easier as it goes but eating 5 to 6 small meals a day is really really difficult right now! I definitely need to work on my organizational skills, cook some chicken ahead of time, and perhaps prepackage foods for the next days meals. On a positive note, I am pleased to announce that I did have 12 glasses of water throughout the day! I am committed to learning, living, and loving this new "life".

This is what was on my menu today:

Pre-Breakfast
Approx. 4 cups of water (2 water bottles) Flushing the system and getting it ready for the day :)

Breakfast
4 eggs white
1 slice whole grain toast
Blueberries & Strawberries
Water

Lunch
4 oz Boiled Chicken Breast
Handful of Rice Noodles cooked in the Chicken broth
Blueberries
Tea

Dinner
4 oz. Tilapia Filet (See recipe below)
Brown Rice
Baked Cauliflower (I love my cauliflower! Toss them with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, then I bake them at 400 degrees for 20 min.)
Tea & Water

Snack
Yummiest Strawberries Ever!!! :)

I am already feeling better, just knowing that I am doing this gives me a great sense of accomplishment. For those of you who are familiar with Friends, I found myself doing Chandler's "Best Ever" dance in my kitchen :)

Here is the recipe I used for the Tilapia, with a word of caution...it is a bit spicy but good!!

Tosca’s Keep-It-Tight Tilapia

YIELD: 4 servings
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes

Satisfy your taste buds and set your metabolism on fire with this delicious recipe! Cayenne, ginger and mustard are three ingredients that help you burn fat just by eating them!

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup / 60 ml best-quality olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
• 1 tsp / 5 ml paprika

• 1 tsp / 5 ml ginger
• 1 tsp / 5 ml fresh ground black pepper
• 1 tsp / 5 ml dried mustard
• 1 tsp / 5 ml oregano
• 1 tsp / 5 ml chili powder
• 1 pinch cayenne pepper
• 4 tilapia filets, thawed

Preparation

  1. Preheat your oven to 400ºF/ 205ºC. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. (I used aluminum foil with fat-free cooking spray)
  2. In a medium sized bowl combine olive oil, garlic and seasonings.
  3. Dip each filet into the seasoning and place it on the baking sheet.
  4. Pour any remaining seasoning over the filets on the sheet and place the baking sheet in the oven.
  5. Bake for 10 minutes.
You can find this recipe along with others at www.eatcleandiet.com

As for the need to be more organized, I have created my meal plan for the week, it is up on the fridge and makes me feel like I have a child in grade school with their hot lunch menu up!

See what I mean?! :)

1 comment: